Coraline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coraline

free forum for all Coraline fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wybie's rescue

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Macabre_Austere_Random

Macabre_Austere_Random

Wybie's rescue Empty
PostSubject: Wybie's rescue   Wybie's rescue I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Did you guys think his rescue saving Coraline from the spider hand was much more dramatic in the movie than the book, or did you think it should have been kept as was original?
Back to top Go down
Aniu_Coralinefan
Admin
Aniu_Coralinefan

Wybie's rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wybie's rescue   Wybie's rescue I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:31 pm

well, Wybie isn't in the book.
Back to top Go down
https://coraline.forumotion.net
OtherButtonJones

OtherButtonJones

Wybie's rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wybie's rescue   Wybie's rescue I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:39 pm

Not to be mean to Wybie but I think he shouldn't have helped in the end.I was waiting for Coraline's parents to help her (since I didn't see the doll's),but instead Wybie saved her.Don't get me wrong I like Wybie but I thought it would have been a nice change if her parents showed how grateful they were.
Back to top Go down
Button-Eyed Dragon

Wybie's rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wybie's rescue   Wybie's rescue I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:56 pm

I think it was good the way it was. Though, according to OtherButtonJones, Coraline's parents helped her in the book.(?) To me, it would be a bit weird if her parents came to the rescue. Especially since in the previous scene the audience gets the impression that Coraline snuck out of her house, so that would mean her parents never realized she left. So, I think it would be a bit random if they just showed up to help her. Even so, how often do the protagonist's parents come to their rescue in movies? XD

Besides, if Wybie wasn't the one to save her, him and Coraline would probably have never formed a proper friendship. Sure, Coraline will most likely still pick on Wybie, but at least near the end she seemed to warm up to the idea that having him around isn't as bad as she previously thought. And you know, these movies have to have a happy ending and everything...so yeah. But still, I think that whole scene is great the way it is.

But what do I know, I still haven't read the book yet. XD
Back to top Go down
http://exmortalis.deviantart.com/
OtherButtonJones

OtherButtonJones

Wybie's rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wybie's rescue   Wybie's rescue I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:33 pm

They dont exactly help her..but her Mom gives her the dolls for the well..thats hwat I mean..sorry if I confused you.

About the whole parents thing..I thought her parents might have been up..you know...or one of them could be going to the bathroom and notice she's not there?...well thats just me wanting to make perfectly good scene's difficult Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flikaline

Flikaline

Wybie's rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wybie's rescue   Wybie's rescue I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:51 am

It was defiantly more dramatic and exciting, although I would say that they more saved each other in a way than Wybie just saving Coraline (yes I know Wybie saved her first and all that). This part was okay in the book but if you get bored easily after the main action is over you may just stop reading and this would be worse in a movie. Also I think that it needed to be Wybie rather than Coraline's parents to stick to the book loyally; I know that sounds strange because Wybie isn't in the book but it would mean a complete change to her parents at the end which I don't think fans of the book would have liked. The other thing is that if Wybie hadn't come to help it would be very difficult to get to the next scene and their friendship would never (as far as the audience know) have formed really and there would be less point in adding a new character if he had even less relevance to the plot.

Sorry I'm so long winded!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wybie's rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wybie's rescue   Wybie's rescue I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wybie's rescue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Coraline :: Coraline Talk :: Coraline movie-
Jump to: