Coraline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coraline

free forum for all Coraline fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

things you noticed in the movie

Go down 
+2
Kitty
Aniu_Coralinefan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aniu_Coralinefan
Admin
Aniu_Coralinefan

things you noticed in the movie Empty
PostSubject: things you noticed in the movie   things you noticed in the movie I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:10 am

so what kinds of little things have you noticed that are in the movie? I have quite a few
notice all the food for Coraline that was on the table in the Other world?
there's pizza, hotdogs, cookies, cupcakes, lemonade, chips and salsa, and grilled cheese sandwiches
things you noticed in the movie Coralinebuffet

I have more I'll put later.
Back to top Go down
https://coraline.forumotion.net
Aniu_Coralinefan
Admin
Aniu_Coralinefan

PostSubject: Re: things you noticed in the movie   things you noticed in the movie I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:42 pm

some things I noticed in one of the deleted scenes:
Mel's laptop is a Samsung (with nothing on the screen XD)
things you noticed in the movie Coralinesamsuunglaptop
Coraline sticks her tongue out at her mom
things you noticed in the movie Coralinetounge
there's drool on the table from Coraline's tongue when she pretended to pass out on the table
things you noticed in the movie Coralinetonguedrool
and she has a red and yellow striped sweater in her suit case
things you noticed in the movie Coralineredsweater
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: things you noticed in the movie   things you noticed in the movie I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:04 pm

I LOVE MULCH

I LOVE IT SO MUCH
Back to top Go down
Aniu_Coralinefan
Admin
Aniu_Coralinefan

PostSubject: Re: things you noticed in the movie   things you noticed in the movie I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:16 pm

XD

cool avatar, btw.
Back to top Go down
Spookshow_baby

Spookshow_baby

PostSubject: Re: things you noticed in the movie   things you noticed in the movie I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:28 am

Wow, its amazing how much detail the animators put into the movie.
Back to top Go down
FelixLikesCartoons

FelixLikesCartoons

PostSubject: Re: things you noticed in the movie   things you noticed in the movie I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Something my sister and I noticed with glee, was all the detail in the interior of Coraline's parents' car. (Or was it just Mel's? xD)
Since my sister has one JUST like it, same color and everything, we marveled at how accurate all the details inside the car were!

Another thing that I found so very impressive was all the detail going on outside of the windows. Some effects were so minute that they are easily ignorable or pass by unnoticed if you aren't really looking - such as all the raindrops on the windows, the fog outside, and the soft movement of the trees. All of this happening just outside of the glass, so subtly sometimes you don't catch it unless you concentrate.

That's really amazing to me.
Back to top Go down
http://felixlikescartoons.deviantart.com/
Button-Eyed Dragon

PostSubject: Re: things you noticed in the movie   things you noticed in the movie I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:20 pm

I actually did notice something, but it's not visual. XD

I noticed that Wybie's last name is Lovat, which sounds a lot like Lovett, as in Mrs. Lovett from "Sweeney Todd". I guess the last name is favored between Burton AND Selick. XD I dunno, I just found that interesting.

And I wasn't the one to notice this, but someone else did and I found it interesting: Wybie's nickname is no better than his real name.

Wyborne = "Why born"
Wybie = "Why be"

How sad is that?
Back to top Go down
http://exmortalis.deviantart.com/
OtherButtonJones

OtherButtonJones

PostSubject: Re: things you noticed in the movie   things you noticed in the movie I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:33 pm

Button-Eyed Dragon wrote:

I noticed that Wybie's last name is Lovat, which sounds a lot like Lovett, as in Mrs. Lovett from "Sweeney Todd". I guess the last name is favored between Burton AND Selick. XD I dunno, I just found that interesting.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but the name Lovat, if I remember rightly was used in the book by Miss Spink when Coraline questioned about the well, she said that a Mr Lovat who had lived there long before Coraline had been in the house had mentioned that the well went a very very long way down.

So I think Henry Selick used the name to relate Wybie in some way to the book. You may already know this, and if you do I'm very sorry for bringing it up, but Tim Burton didn't make up the Sweeney Todd storyline, it was an original melodrama in 1800's so I think its just a coincidence that they have similiar names.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: things you noticed in the movie   things you noticed in the movie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

things you noticed in the movie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Coraline :: Coraline Talk-
Jump to: